When I was studying, the one brand that I wanted to splurge on was The Body Shop. It was mentioned on almost every issue of Cosmo. Even after one year in job, I never had the gut to enter a shop. Finally I did and now after 2 years, there are products that I simply cannot live without. Makes me wonder why I have not visited them earlier.
There are loads of products I have used from The Body Shop - Body Butters, all products from white Shisho Range, all products from Vitamin E range, all products from Rainforest Range, Eyeliners, Toners, Cleansers, some products from Aloe range....... and many more! Finally, this the list of products that I surely with rate much more than others because of their effectiveness and uniqueness.
1. The Body Shop White Musk Libertine – I picked up the body mist in the last season and I am hooked to it now. I picked up the EDT this time and soon, I am going to buy the entire range for sure! The smell is very spring-summery but I can use it anytime of the year.
2. The Body Shop Scrub Gloves – What would a lazy clumsy girl like me do without these? There are other gloves in the market as well, but most lose shape or string start to come out but this one has been effective for long now. Wear them, make them wet, put some shower gel (or even rub a soap with this) and start scrubbing yourself. My mom was also happy to see my green ones and so, I gifted her Blue ones last Mothers Day (of course with other things that she wished for)
3. The Body Shop Spa Wisdom Africa Ximenia & Salt Scrub – best body scrub ever. It is an absolute value for money because I am yet to finish my first bottle which I got 2 years back! I like its smell more than its texture. The smell can cure anything in life – PMS to relationship issues – seriously! I reviewed it here - The Body Shop Spa Wisdom Africa Ximenia & Salt Scrub
4. The Body Shop Nail Block – This is the perfect nail block. No questions asked. It has four textures which are very effective to work it. Most of the time it seem to be out of stock. It does come at offer prices at time so, do grab it when you see this.
5. The Body Shop Vitamin E Cream – My first winter in Delhi got me worried with patchy and dry skin. And then this came to me as a blessing directly from God. I am having the intense moisture one which seems to be a bit too much for me at time because my skin is normal (inclining a bit towards oily) these days. I have also used the face wash, toner and soap from this range but was not much moved by them. But I still keep it in my daily skincare routine.
6. The Body Shop Moringa Soap – If you love flowery smell which is not too sweet then you have to try this. I got this a year back. Being a bath and body junky I forgot about it. I found it six month later lying in the cupboard and it still had the smell. If you wish to buy a soap from The Body Shop then do give this one a try.
7. The Body Shop Rainforest Moisture Shampoo – I am using it from the day it was launched in India. It was the first product I brought from them and I still continue to use it. Maybe because it’s the only one in India which is sulphate and silicone free; or maybe because it is the only one which does not give me itchy scalp; even after month’s years of use. I do try to deviate at times but then somehow come back to it. I simply cannot like without the Rainforest Moisture Shampoo. It does take some time to adapt to sulphate free from sulphate ones but once you are free - you simply cannot go back.
8. The Body Shop Shea Body Butter – This was the first body butter I used. Actually I got it as GWP (gifts with purchase). I was in love and so, I got the Shea Butter Whipped Cream for summer. I tried other Body butters after that –coconut, ginger shimmer, sweet lemon but I always end up missing Shea Butter. In fact other than the lip balm, I love the entire Shea butter Range.
Love from Limited Edition
And of course there is The Spiced Vanilla Shower Gel which is an absolute must for me. But sadly, its not sold anymore so, I have not included it. I still have kept some from the one I got last winter for next winter. Yes, one product for three winters because I just love it. I do not know how I will survive if its not re-launched next year!
I also loved the Vineyard Peach Shower Gel and wished to get the body scrub but then it was out of stock before I could get it. I reviewed it here - The Body Shop Vineyard Peach Shower Gel
Product Left to Try For Me
I am yet to try the Pink Grapefruit Soap or Shower Gel. I could never find that in store. Other than that I have not tried Tea Tree, Sea Weed, Vitamin C and Nutriganics/Wise Women Range because they will surely never work for me!
Why I listed them together?
Coz they have raised their prices now *me = super super sad*. The same reason, I am not mentioning the price of anything here. Luckily, I got the Membership Card for free this time otherwise, it will surely be tough for me to buy. I will now wait for each and every flash sales they have in here in India.
Are there products that you just love from The Body Shop and cannot just live without it? Anything what you are eyeing to buy for long? Do share....